All business processes are concerned with Target Systems:
- The systems that these business processes Plan, Design, Market, Manufacture, Improve, Analyze, Manage, etc.
- As Target Systems become complex, traditional business processes break down.
Model-Based Systems Processes (MBSP) are an emerging approach to high complexity target systems:
- Using explicit complex systems "Models", where traditional processes used informal, intuitive, natural language prose (e.g. English, German, etc.) - traditional "documents", databases, and conversation.
- "Models" are used by Interpreters - frequently people, sometimes machines.
- These "Models" transform traditional business processes for complex systems.
Benefits of MBSP
The minimum information necessary to describe a Complex system.